[Mplayer-users] bugreports,

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Tue May 15 17:30:00 CEST 2001

> /* Sorry there'll be a lot of RTFM here, people with weak neural systems
>    should quit */
I've got quite solid neural system. so..

> > Where should I post bugreports
> RTFM DOCS/BUGREPORTS line 10
I did read DOCS/BUGREPORTS.
If you have read my mail that you would notice that it's a bugreport on
current bugreport system.

> > so that I would know about what happens
> Every bugreport is read, and (if not just a simple RTFM;) answered.
Well, what about my bugreport about DOCS/DEBIAN documentation?

> > someone's working on it, marked as known and left for feature
> DOCS/BUGS DOCS/TODO
Not ergonomic way of communication.
also - I've got not DOCS/BUGS DOCS/TODO file in my quite fresh cvs copy,
also - it requires everyone to download latest CVS to check what's the
current status, and not everyone uses cvs or even have access to such
soft. And that's not what cvs is for. And there is now way to acces this
file via say http.

> > Maybe using some bugtracking system would be nice?
> Dunno, but methinks not.
Based on...?

> > k6 as k5 - ( pmodel=`cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "model$TAB" seems to fail ).
> RTFM DOCS/BUGREPORTS line 19 ... we need your /proc/cpuinfo, not?
That's what I'm offering.

> > So where should I send those corrections?
> Already answered above
Not really.

> > When I send something to mplayer-users it gets randomly ignored
> Never.
Sometimes.
That's why I'm proposing using some ticketing system, sourceforge
offers such functionality.
That way anyone knows IF their report was lost in transport or maybe
reached it's destination but got marked as RTFM.

best regards
--
Dariusz Pietrzak
Certified Nobody