[Mplayer-users] Half screen at playing DVD files

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue May 22 17:15:28 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > Sorry, but I have not been able yet to upload a piece of the VOB file
> > and/or uncomment the code line (sits on a different machine, not on the
> > www). However some additional info: The vob plays correctly with mpeg2dec
> > -o sdl -s <file> (from mpeg2dec-0.2.0.tar.gz). I.e. video displays as
> > should be, but no sound. Currently, it is not clear to me what this tool
> > uses to decode the video.
it's possible. mpeg2dec uses the same libmpeg2 as mplayer, but i'm not using
its new libvo interface instead i extended teh old one. As libmpeg2 decodes
real interlaced files, it whould work with their tested interface, but maybe
our libvo version is buggy at this point. I really need a piece of this
file.

> Have you already tried with different mplayer video out drivers and different
> fullscreen options (ie. -fs, -vm, -zoom)?
I'm interested in -nofs -novm -vo x11

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu