[Mplayer-users] Half screen at playing DVD files

Jan Faas van Woudenberg jf.vwouden at 12move.nl
Wed May 23 07:53:22 CEST 2001

> Hi,
>
> > > Sorry, but I have not been able yet to upload a piece of the VOB file
> > > and/or uncomment the code line (sits on a different machine, not on the
> > > www). However some additional info: The vob plays correctly with mpeg2dec
> > > -o sdl -s <file> (from mpeg2dec-0.2.0.tar.gz). I.e. video displays as
> > > should be, but no sound. Currently, it is not clear to me what this tool
> > > uses to decode the video.
> it's possible. mpeg2dec uses the same libmpeg2 as mplayer, but i'm not using
> its new libvo interface instead i extended teh old one. As libmpeg2 decodes
> real interlaced files, it whould work with their tested interface, but maybe
> our libvo version is buggy at this point. I really need a piece of this
> file.

> > Have you already tried with different mplayer video out drivers and
different
> > fullscreen options (ie. -fs, -vm, -zoom)?
> I'm interested in -nofs -novm -vo x11

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

Hi A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

I have tried to find a tool which allows to me to chob off a piece of the vob
file (1.7G), but could not find one. Any suggestions?
Further I bought my 2nd DVD, some movie thingy, and this displayes correct with
mplayer -> it must be the format of the vob file.
Thanks, Jan