[Mplayer-users] Unknown AVI file makes mplayer segfault in mpeg12 codec

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat May 26 02:37:33 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I've got an AVI file that makes mplayer (newest CVS and IdegCounter) segfault.
> The full file (It's only about 3 M) has been uploaded to ftp://thot.banki.hu/MPlayer/incoming/init.avi
> A full bug report has been attached in the file bugreport, a printout of the coredump is in mplayer.bug, and the mplayer output is in mplayer.log
> Hope this bug report is complete.

Thank you for the perfect bugreport!

This is a known (at least by me :)) problem. Uncompressed / RLE AVI files
uses 0x1 as fourcc, so it conflicts with mpeg fourcc. MPlayer tries to
use mpeg codec but it doesn't work (segfault) because of missing mpeg
demuxer:

[V] filefmt:3  fourcc:0x1  size:665x512  fps:10.00  ftime:=0.1000
Found video codec: [mpeg12] drv:1 (MPEG 1 or 2)
vo_debug: query(0x32315659) returned 0x1
vo_debug1: out_fmt=0x32315659
Segmentation fault

I've already assigned new fourcc for mpeg codec, but not yet changed code
to avoid bugreports like 'mpeg playback is broken'. It's planned to
the next release (hopefully next week).
(users MUST upgrade their codecs.conf to get it working again then)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu