[Mplayer-users] Fwd: argh! i've found the bug in audio sync

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun May 27 02:20:11 CEST 2001

Hi,

So, all you with AVI seeking/sync/ni problems please check current CVS version!

And always use the -bps option!!! (-nobps (default) sync method not yet
fixed)

For normal files:
mplayer -bps file.avi
For non-interleaved or badly interleaved files (Too many packets... error):
mplayer -bps -ni file.avi

seeking should work well, even with many fast-forwarding!

if it sill desync, then check the last number on the status line, if it
increasing (isn't constant 0) then your CPU isn't powerfull enough :(