[Mplayer-users] Fwd: Re: [Mplayer-devel] Aureal Vortex2 [english]

havner alien at staszic.waw.pl
Wed May 30 02:34:11 CEST 2001

On 2001.05.30 00:26 havner wrote:

> > Pontscho modified aureal driver from 16k buffer size to 64k buffer
> > size, it is located at above url (should improve playback with mplayers
> > new
> > sound code).

OK, the audio buffer size is really 64k, but sound still pauses, and
there's big delay in sound in mplayer (A-V tells it's 0, but it really
exist, this delay must be on driver level). Propably it's not really
increased (just programs thinks so). Like I told: Icebalm, told me that
this is compiled in closed source parts of the driver.

:-(

--
Regards
Havner