[Mplayer-users] SDL

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 30 10:14:05 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "havner" <alien at staszic.waw.pl>
To: <mplayer-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 12:29 AM
Subject: Re: [Mplayer-users] SDL

> I also checked Linux Console driver for aalib. Still segfault while aa for
> X works.
On console please try -zoom switch it should work then (if you have fs or
stuff in config also add -nofs)

> BTW: when using SDL with -noxv video plays to slow and it is not too slow
> CPU fault. (V:44% S:23%) Or maybe it is, just mplayer with SDL doesn't
give
> the correct values. CPU (P200 mmx) is enough to play X11 output without
any
> slows.
MPlayer doesn't show load needed by X to show the picture, try lookin at top
output. Please try to #define SDL_DIRECT_BLIT (or something like that should
be as #undef in vo_sdl.c) in vo_sdl.c and ecompile, should make X11 noxv
output of sdl twice as fast (same speed as -vo x11), but you don't have
colordepth, colorspace conversions then and no zooming and you need to
comment out YUV formats in codecs.conf to force sdl to use rgb code (it's
only implemeted there), this is beta code (quick hack).

--
Best Regards,
   Felix