[Mplayer-users] How to enable the subtitles?

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Thu May 31 16:14:41 CEST 2001

> I have just install Mplayer 0.17 "The IdegCounter"
> I like it very much, but don't know how to turn on the subtitles.
> I have read all the document but no information on the subtitles
You need mp_fontX.zip unzipped into ~/.mplayer/font directory.
If it's there you should see some OSD garbage on your video (like time
counter: 0:00:11 - toggle it with 'o' key ).
mplayer searches for subtitle file with the same filename as your video
 but with endidings such as sub,sim,txt,rt etc..
and you can run it via mplayer /cdrom/santana.avi -sub
/cdrom/Santana-subtitle.txt

does that answer your question?
--
Dariusz Pietrzak