[MPlayer-users] Re: G400/ATI Xpert200 and G200 performance was: Re: [MPlayer-users] files in ftp/incoming

Dan Hollis goemon at anime.net
Thu Nov 1 23:21:02 CET 2001

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Dariusz Pietrzak wrote:
> > On 1 Nov 2001, Alexander Werth (gmx) wrote:
> > > I would go for the matrox G400.
> > Be careful. G400 has known issues with various chipsets.
> where can I find what are those chipsets?
> ( and if SIS735 is one of them? )

I don't know if SIS735 is one (but SIS735 has other problems, eg UDMA).

AMD76x is definitely a problem with G400 and ATI Radeon IIRC. Older AMD75x
and KX133 caused problems for me with my G400 -- probably because G400 is
a very power hungry card and drove the AGP bus past its limits.

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]