[MPlayer-users] arbitrary file location seeks & "remote" control?

Kees Cook kees at outflux.net
Fri Nov 2 20:40:53 CET 2001

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 07:42:01PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> what about -frames ?

I guess I could verify that -frames is playing what I expect it to be
playing on my own.  I suspect that could work...

> as you write a GOP mpeg2 editor - you need only a small part of mplayer
> code. actually libmpdemux, libmpeg2, libao/libvo and my a-v sync code.

Well, that's a very good point.  I'd still rather not _include_ your code.
If I just required that people get it, and compile it, then I don't have
to manage many changes to my configure.in.  :)

> why do you need keep sync with new versions?

In case there are improvements or bugfixes.  Doing a side-by-side compile,
though, should work.  I can make my own version of mplayer.c and link
against your libs.  Very cool.

Thank you very much!  I've got a clear picture of what I need to do now.
:)

(And, as so many have said before: mplayer is great!  I use it all the
time!)

--
Kees Cook                                            @outflux.net