[MPlayer-users] Problems playing .avi files

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Nov 3 03:43:33 CET 2001

Hi,

> Detected video codec: [cram] drv:2 (Microsoft Video 1)
> ERROR: Couldn't allocate memory for fs segment: Bad file descriptor
> Error no 9
> VirtualAlloc(0x0x7d4b0000, 65536) failed
> Error no 9
> VirtualAlloc(0x(nil), 65536) failed
> Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load: msvidc32.dll,
> /usr/local/share/mplayer/win32/msvidc32.dll, /usr/lib/win32/msvidc32.dll,
> /usr/local/lib/win32/msvidc32.dll
> Can't open library msvidc32.dll
>
> MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: init_video_codec

strange.
1. do you have the dlls installed, and have read/exec rights for them?
2. do you have any security kernel patches? openwall etc, i mean patches
   which modify dynamic library loading address.
3. did you RTFM?

> The dll varies with the specific file (this one requires msvidc32.dll, the
> others I have require ir41_32.dll or ir50_32.dll), but the actual error is
> always the same.
read docs/bugreports, about how to send gdb log of the crash, and make it
with the indeo 5 codec (cram is broken anyway). and try CVS version first.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu