[MPlayer-users] -Benchmark-Option

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Nov 3 18:47:28 CET 2001

Hi,

> I've made some benchmarks (mit Intel & PowerPCs).
> I've to write DOCs of them for school ...
>
> can you please tell me, what the "Sys" by using the -benchmark option means?

all time (cpu cycles) spent _outside_ of the mplayer process.
if you're using X, it usually contains time spent by X (copying image to vga
card), otherwise just the idle time. mplayer can't measure cpu usage of
other processes, use 'top' for that.

if you want to compare cpu speed in decoding, check only the first field -
video decoding time. maybe audio decoding too.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu