[MPlayer-users] VIVO support

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Nov 4 17:59:56 CET 2001

Hi,

I've just commited to CVS the .vivo file demuxer.
Yes, we did it, as we promised earlier :)

No sound yet, as the ACM codec doesn't work. We should find
a working G.723 decoder or get it from xanim.

I have only 3 .viv files, they play fine. If your file cause
error or bad image etc, then upload the file and contact me.
As the demuxer was made by analizing that 3 file in hexeditor
(thanx Nick for biew!:) it may be wrong with different files.

About the codecs. There are a few codec:
ivvideo.dll - the original vivo codec
ubv263d+.ax - U263 decoder
i263_32.drv - I263 decoder
vid_h263.xa - XAnim's h263 decoder

They all should work. I recommend the XAnim codec as it provides
YV12 output, so you can use hardware/sw scaling with it.

Anyway, watching vivo in fullscreen not recommended - it looks ugly! :(

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu