[MPlayer-users] Windowing Error: No frame on the video Window

BobOmb cdimara at ucdavis.edu
Mon Nov 5 02:16:20 CET 2001

I'm using Sawmill -> Gnome -> Redhat 7.2 -> i386. ( gcc 2.96 has worked
fine for me.)
When I open mplayer as root, the video screen is surrouned by a
window-frame, allowing me to scale and resize and other stuff.
Everything works fine.
As my user login, the mplayer video window causes an error. The video
window has no frame. I cannot rescale or anything.

I'm guessing this is some sort of easy permissions thing. But I don't
know anything about where to find  sawmill or mplayer config files that
would be responsible for this.
Does anyone know of a fix? Or where I should start looking to find one
myself?

Thanks.

BobOmb