[MPlayer-users] Sis630 in a laptop xv issues

Johannes Feigl jaf.corporation at gmx.at
Mon Nov 5 06:29:55 CET 2001

hi ...

i've also such a shitty laptop with that chipset. I think you use the
fbdev-X-Driver?
this driver does not support Xv.
the best way on the chip is to use
-vo vesa -fs

mfg Johannes

Hi mplayer users,
I have a laptop wit sis630 graphic chip integrated with the motherboard.
I only can play mplayer in windowed mode with -vo x11 option and the
fullscreen in not possible for the moment (only I can see with -fs
option a centered movie and black bands arroud it). I have Xfree86 4.1.0
in debian sid (updated sid right?) using sis driver and putting in my
lilo vga=791 for well display of X.
The mplayer version is one week ago and I can display all well BUT not
the fullscreen mode. I assume that Xv extension isn't supported by my
adapter but is there another kind for scale my divx movies?

I want to see divx like M$ Windows does and I can't believe that I can't
do it with mplayer.I assume that I'm doing something wrong...

well thanks for your time.

Pere Castanyer Sarda   -    XaRz69 at terra.es
Computer Management Technical Engineering Student on UOC - (www.uoc.es)
Member of AEIGi   -   (www.aeigi.org)

Linux Registered User #232073
Debian GNU Linux User  -   (www.debian.org)
GNUPG public Inf:        pub  1024D/F19A252B
919B 48CC 835C B535 EF18  1A26 09F9 D16D F19A 252B