[MPlayer-users] mplayer in root window?

Shane Spencer shane at bogomip.com
Tue Nov 6 22:33:25 CET 2001

I am wishing to do the same thing.. and I have failed at hacking this into
the Xv or SDL drivers..   I have recently hacked a similar feature with
Cygwin X11 and Drempels together..

http://vash.umgllc.com/drempx11-after.png <big>

and if anybody knwos what dremples is.. it is an animated texture morphing
program..

well Iwant to do somethign similar with MPlayer as the backbone.  Brent had
a great idea with the Electric sheep stuff.. since you could get that
working in a matter of seconds.

the rxvt trick in the image above was by checkerboarding any color.. plus
the overlay color together to make a darn cool effect..

Mplayer gods.. please hear us peons!  add -root to mplayer and make close to
uh.. hundreds of people wanna scream your name!

Shane Spencer