[MPlayer-users] Mencoder feature/bug ?

Arnd Marijnissen grimm at cistron.nl
Wed Nov 7 11:24:42 CET 2001

Hi,

One thing about mencoder....

It Rocks!

but... ;)
If i play my movie (7 years in tibet... still ;) with mplayer, it becomes
wide-screen. If i encode it with mencoder, it's encoded in a less wide
aspect ratio.
Now, while playing the DVD in mplayer, it tells me something about using a
pre-scaler (sorry, dont have output handy at the moment).

Is this a bug due to lacking pre-scaler support in mencoder ?
or.. is this a feature, because the pre-scaler just makes the "narrow"
movie play as "wide" in mplayer ?

Oh yes.. the "tingling sound" problem isnt fixed yet with the CVS release
of mplayer. I'm going to export a vob from my laptop to my desktop so i
can try playing it with a different soundcard (not easily tried with a
laptop). I'll keep you informed.

--
 Stillageek