[MPlayer-users] Encoder request

Jan Rothe janr at tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de
Wed Nov 7 14:17:05 CET 2001

Arpi writes:

   > I have a small request for a feature of mencoder that should be
   > easy to implement (mpeg2divx has it): I need an option for
   yes, really easy.

   > clipping top and bottom black lines of mpeg/dvd movies. this
   > would save encoding space and/or bitrate and (hopefully) encoding
   > time.
   nor. it won't speed up encoder nor save any bits, but it will speed
   up playback, as reduced image size to be copied to vga card.

   ok, if this doesnt speed up encoding/save bytes in the output,
   then maybe when doing two-pass-encoding, you could just skip
   the whole avi-creatin in pass 1, since it should be enough to
   compute the movement informations for divx2pass.log. wouldnt
   that at least save some time when encoding??

greetings
-- Jan
p.s. i like mencoder really much. keep up the good work!