[MPlayer-users] re: crossover

Kim Wroblewski kimwroblewski at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 20:29:09 CET 2001

Thanks A'rpi! That was the info on quicktime I was
looking for.
When I asked if the quicktime codecs could be used
with MPlayer, I didn't mean to suggest that it should
actually be done, it was more of a thought experiment.
I was curious how independant these chunks of code
are. The idea that you could string various chunks of
code together is interesting to me.
Speaking of blackboxes, couldn't the entire quicktime
player running with wine be thought of logically as a
decoding module that could feed image data to an
encoder?

Thanks for you help, Kim