[MPlayer-users] Alan Cox says gcc 2.96 is not buggy

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Sun Nov 11 10:46:08 CET 2001

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 04:50:07PM -0800, Dan Hollis wrote:
> > > I tried pentium mmx, k6-2 and athlon. It works perfectly.
> > > I haven't any pentium 3. But maybe someone on the list can test it.
> > > So if I do the test with 2.96-85 and it passes mmx/p3/k6-2/athlon you will
> > > accept it as well? (It's quite easy to check for 2.96-85)
> > Well. MPlayer is for watching movies, please stop this compiler thread ...
> > I don't understand why people beleives in gcc 2.96 like it would be a God
> > or something ....
>
> I wasn't talking to you.

You were talking to me as well, since you wrote your mail to a mailing list.
If you are sending mail to a mailing list this means you put the topic into
the "community of the mailing list" for discussing.

And, if you weren't talink to me, so you didn't talk to developers, please
unsubscribe, or open a mailing list only for users and not for developers.
It's simple.

- Gabor