[MPlayer-users] I815 chipset \w mplayer

Stephen Ware steve at inserted.net
Sun Nov 11 14:37:49 CET 2001

Hi,

Is there any known issues with the Intel 815 chipset and mplayer? I
took a look through the mailing list archives, and couldn't find it
mentioned anywhere.
Basically, my problem is like this. I have debian (testing) install
ed on my notebook, which is a P3 850 \w integrated 815 graphics ch-
ipset from intel. When i play mpgs with mplayer, it complains that
my computer is too slow. The audio comes through without a hitch
but the video play back is way out of sync.
Using -vo xv, I get a blue screen and audio playing, with -vo x11,
I get a slow vidio picture, fine audio. Even -vo aa plays the video
really slowly. Each time it complains that my machine is too slow
and I need to use -framderop (which causes video to hang) or RTFM
(which i've done, and can't find anything).
Kernel is 2.4.14, compiled with all relevant I810 sections. Using
the codecs supplied on the page, as this machine doesn't dual boot.
I'm yet to try playing anything with other players, but being an
850, i very much doubt it is "too slow." Other machines (less pow-
erful) are able to play these mpgs correctly, which leads me to
believe that it is an issue with the chipset. I've tried -5.0pre3
as well as the latest cvs, same deal.
Any other information can be supplied on request. Please cc me, as
I am not subscribed to this list.

--
Regards,
Stephen Ware