[MPlayer-users] RH-7.2 can compile mplayer without problem?

Misu Moldovan dumol at go.ro
Sun Nov 11 22:09:55 CET 2001

În data de Vi, 09 nov. 2001, ora 13:52 Eric a scris:
> I'm going to install RH-7.2 and I'd like to know if mplayer can be compiled
> correctly with this version?

for the impacients: install the gcc3 rpm's and the necessary dependencies
from the #2 CD, then "export CC=gcc3 CCC=g++3" before compiling MPlayer.
and keep your fingers crossed :)

it works nice here. i have compiled it with both compilers: GCC 3.0.2 and
the infamous GCC two.ninetysix (had to edit the ./configure script, for
that one:) no visible differences in the way mplayer works on my system,
but the real difference is that now i can start to write some bug reports,
'cause 3.0.2 is a supported compiler ;^)

> Thanks
> Eric

be welcome!

--