[MPlayer-users] Feature request

Alexander Werth (gmx) alexander.werth at gmx.de
Tue Nov 13 02:29:29 CET 2001

Am Die, 2001-11-13 um 00.46 schrieb Felix Buenemann:
> On Monday, 12. November 2001 23:22, you wrote:
> > Has any thought been put into adding the ability to step
> > through a movie frame by frame instead of just having
> > 10 second increments?
> If you searched the archives you'd have known the answer.
I'm not sure of this. Maybe it's just because I don't know the correct
term for a single frame forward function. All I could find was a  mail
from june that stated it would be tough to implement single frame
backward.
The ten seconds are definetly hardcoded in mplayer.c. So changing these
and recompile would help.
Imho these values should be configureable via the config file. Usually
there is more than one I frame in ten seconds so this should be
possible.
I couldn't find a key to jump just one frame.
Is it that single frame forward doesn't work because of the way mplayer
uses the soundcard to syncronize it's video?
What about single frame forward without sound then?
Alexander Werth

--
The right to read is a battle being fought today...