[MPlayer-users] Quicktime theories/ideas

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Nov 13 22:17:12 CET 2001

Hi,

> http://fredrik.hubbe.net/plugger.html
thx

> > Taken from the Plugger page:
> > "Plugger is a multimedia plugin for Unix Netscape 3.0 or later that handles Quicktime, MPEG, MP2,
> > AVI, SGI-movie, Tiff, DL, IFF-anim, MIDI, Soundtracker, AU, WAV and Commodore 64 audio files.  And
> > now, with Plugger 3.3, MPEG  audio and video can be played streaming."
>
> Plugger is a Netscape plug-in who call binaries like xanim for displaying
> multimedia files :-)
hehe :)
still better than a plugin which calls mplayer to play mm files :)))

> This will not help the mplayer team.
sure.

i have plans to replace loader code (libntdll.so) of crossover plugin with
the opensource one from wine. it it works, we are much closer to the
solution. we can catch and redirect function calls and log in/out data.
(so somehow reverse engineer internal qt plugin interface)

we even should be able to catch decoded audio/video and route it to .avi
file or mencoder :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu