[MPlayer-users] some bugs fixed

Martin Hoffmann ma.hoff at bigfoot.com
Wed Nov 14 20:23:54 CET 2001

> > So maybe it's a problem with the MPEG2 Decoder in mplayer/mencoder ?
> no.
> it will be there with any decoder, try it.
yeah, you're right ! (shame on me!)
I've tried several decoders, and some just skip the "green" frames - fooling
me it wasn't there :-/

But isn't this a way mencoder could handle this too ? Just Drop every
Picture it cannot decode - or a better solution could be an offset number of
frames that are dropped at the beginning (starting point as commandline
parameter), but mencoder should use a few frames before to "sync in" !?
This way, one could cut the VDR recording 2 GOPs before the actual cut point
and call mencoder with the option of starting point = 24 frames or = 2 GOPs
or whatever !
And anyway in combination with the -frames option it would be a powerful way
to split files onto several AVIs / CDs ?!

What do you think ?

Martin.