[MPlayer-users] Arpi and Kernel GPL stuff

Seijuurou seijuurou at dragonslave.com
Fri Nov 16 05:51:16 CET 2001

"On a press conference, A'rpi said the big truth: he hates GPL! Well this sounds very rude from him, but let everyone know what happened! The poor fella tried to compile a flash disk driver into the kernel to boot from it and... it wouldn't! The little geezer is non-GPL so he can't be compiled into the kernel, which is in fact GPL! Let me quote him:
GPL SUX - Utalom!!! - kibaszott szemet! - which I now don't want to translate to english. Now he has rm -rf /*GPL* in crontab. Order MPlayer - Boycott GPL! T-shirts NOW!"

You know, you CAN compile non-GPL modules for the kernel, but they put that message there to tell you that since it's not GPL, they can't help with any problems so don't send bug reports.

Hmm... sounds familiar. *cough*