[MPlayer-users] output device

Frank Boehme f.boehme at cs.ucc.ie
Fri Nov 16 16:05:45 CET 2001

Pedro Jorge Dias Cardoso wrote:

> but how can i tell mplayer to use: mga. He doesn't accept
> mplayer -vo mga file.mpg because when i make -vo help only appears 5 (pgm,
> null,...)

Then it is not compiled in. configure will autodetect it if you have the
corresponding character device in /dev (RTFM for the minor and major
number). You can also use a configure switch (again, RTFM). In order to
autoload mga_vid.o you have to modify ld.so.config. I think you have to
alias char-major-178 if I remember correctly.

Frank