[MPlayer-users] mencoder segfaults with -aid>0

Yotzo yotzo at elektropont.hu
Fri Nov 16 19:03:29 CET 2001

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 10:08:38AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html &
>  http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html if you still have questions or problems]
>
> Hi,
>
> > It think it's ac3. I'll check this tonight. And I'll upload the first
> > 1meg, if you want.
> DTS is ac3 too :)
>
> > > does mplayer (or other opensource players) play it?
> >
> > mplayer, xine plays it
> hmm. it means the file is descrambled and supported format.
> please upload 5MB, 1mb of vob is not usefull...
>
> the strange thing is that mencoder uses the same stream, demuxer, codecs
> code as mplayer, just replaces a-v sync and libao/libvo with encoding
> engine.

Now I take a look on it again, and I see, that it doesn't work any of my
files. I tried some riped dvds, but mencoder still segfaults.
It segfaults also in -dvd 1 on all DVD i have, so it not related a
special type of file or sg.
What else could be bad on my system?

--
"Ha egy unalmas ember kimegy a szobából, olyan mintha valaki bejött volna."
              [Daradics Dániel alias Yotzo(@elektropont.hu)]