[MPlayer-users] AC3 decoding problem.

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 18 02:36:15 CET 2001

On Saturday, 17. November 2001 15:17, you wrote:
> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html &
>  http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html if you still have questions or problems]
>
> Hello,
>
>   Since a few CVS versions I'm experiencing problems with files containing
> AC3 audio streams:
>
> Detected audio codec: [ac3] drv:3 (AC3)
> !! libac3 (core v0.6.2) : using SSE optimization
> 2.0 Mode 48.0 KHz 192 kbps Complete Main Audio Service
>
> MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: init_audio_codec
>

> The funniest thing is that:
>
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x400862df in bit_allocate () from /usr/lib/libffmpeg.so
> #1  0x80a4790 in ac3_decode_frame ()
> #2  0x8061cad in init_audio ()
> #3  0x805d359 in main ()
> #4  0x40443577 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6
>

> I thought ac3 decoding was using internal libac3, so what's ffmpeg is
> doing here?

ffmpeg.so stuff is problematic, dunno why nick added it, it also breaks
postprocessing as far as I know. Copying over libavcodec dir from ffmpeg dir
to mplayer dir and rerunning configure should fix it.

> Another thing: the hardware ac3 passthrough doesn't work (when doing -ac
> hwac3) when it works perfectly using the alsa tool 'ac3dec'. (I've got a
> SBLive! soundcard)
the code is somewhat unmaintained as not we did it but an external
developer...
--
Best Regards,
	Atmos