[MPlayer-users] Re: [Ogle-devel] Assertion in libdvdread fails

Frank Boehme f.boehme at cs.ucc.ie
Sun Nov 18 19:40:16 CET 2001

H}kan Hjort wrote:

> Thu Nov 08 2001, Frank Boehme wrote:

> > I enabled dvd support by using
> > libdvdread-0.9.2. When I play a dvd, it crashes in function
> >
> >   ifoRead_C_ADT_internal
> >
> > from
> >
> >   libdvdread-0.9.2, ifo_read.c line 1154
> >
> > which actually reads
> >
> >   assert(info_length / sizeof(cell_adr_t) >= c_adt->nr_of_vobs);
> >
> > This asertion fails. I generously commented it out and recompiled
> > libdvdread. Then, the movie played, but a huge number of frames were
> > dropped and from time to time the screen froze for a few seconds.
> >
> > I am not an expert in DVD internals. Any ideas?
> >
> The asssert probably triggers becuse there is a mastering errro on the
> DVD (I'd need a copy of the IFO file to make sure).
>
> Since neither mplayer or Ogle (or any player using libdvdread that I
> know of) use this info it's quite harmless to remove the assert.

Right. I have commented out that assertion and everything works fine
with mplayer right now (the remaining problem with freezing and dropped
frames which I reported earlier was related to the -autoq switch. It had
nothing to do with libdvdread and is fixed in recent releases of
mplayer).

Great software..., thanks...

Frank