[MPlayer-users] make: rtc.h not found

Steve Stavropoulos steve at math.upatras.gr
Mon Nov 19 01:43:06 CET 2001

On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Konrad Mathieu wrote:

> thank you very much for this hint. I have installed kernel-headers
> now. However, the problem still persists.

 If you installed an rpm try this:
$rpm -ql kernel-headers|grep rtc.h
 In my system in the response there is the line:
/usr/include/linux/rtc.h
I assume linux/rtc.h is put in some other place in you system. What you
should do is a symlink from /usr/include/linux to point to the real linux/
directory in kernel-headers package.
 For example, if linux/rtc.h is in /usr/src/linux-2.4/include/linux then
you should run:
ln -s /usr/src/linux-2.4/include/linux /usr/include/
If there is an error do
mv /usr/include/linux/ /usr/include/linux-backup
and try the ln again.

 Generaly it is a good idea to have /usr/include/linux to point to
/usr/src/linux/include/linux, assuming you have the /usr/src/linux
pointing in the right kernel tree.