[MPlayer-users] ANNOUNCE: new ./configure script

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Nov 19 13:15:26 CET 2001

Hi,

> > > Use that as a workaround. Yet, if anybody knows of a reliable way to
> > > autodetect it: share'n'enjoy :)
> >
> > /sbin/lspci?
> Ok, it didn't come to my mind but yes, it's a solution :)

I think it's a bad idea.
Maybe it's good for SUGGEST using -vo (x)mga to users, but we shouldn't rely
on that. The possible solution would be moving mga/xmga/tdfx* devices down in
-vo list, so they won't be selected as default.

> A few questions to lower my blind testing and my doc/src parsing time:
>
>   What should I grep in lspci output ? (do a lspci and then mail the
>   line matching your h/w)
not easy, as lspci uses old pci.ids table and usualy can't recognize the
card.

for exampel, in the problematic slackware 8.0:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Matrox Graphics, Inc.: Unknown device
2527 (rev 01)

(it's G550)

>   Is 3dfx code suitable for any 3dfx (model 1 to infinity-and-beyond) ?
afaik only banshee/voodoo3.

>   Is mg* support suitable for any matrox ?
only g200,g400,g450,g550
btw we're working on standardizing _vid interface, at least for
mga,sis,radeon,mach64 will be used.

>   How do I know if fb support is enabled in kernel (I could lsmod but if
>   statically linked...) ?
i think it can be enabled by default, if headers (fbdev.h ???) available.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu