[MPlayer-users] rtc_pie_on permission denied

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Nov 19 22:19:11 CET 2001

Hi,

> > RTC is root-only just like DGA or svgalib.
> > and you must have rtc support enabbled in the kernel.
> > (most users has it disabled)
>
> > A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team
>
> If 'most' users have it disabled, why count on it being there?  Or are you expecting all users to
> recompile kernel just to use mplayer?  I don't mind, but someone out there will.
rtfs before asking such silly questions.
it's an option. if there is no rtc, then there is no rtc, nothing bad
happens, it fallbacks to old usleep() method. why is this problem???
the user who asked it _wants_ to use rtc. so i told him what are the
requirements. if you don't want rtc then don't use it. simple enough ?
we really should blacklist you...

> Just MHO.  I prefer to stick with 2.2.x kernel, at this time, since it works well for my setup.
> I don't feel I need to upgrade just to make ONE program compile/work.  Maybe rtc should be included
> in a different way (if possible?)?  There are other ways to count time.
???

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu