[MPlayer-users] mplayer.c will not compile on 2.2.x kernel

Roy-Anders Larsen royalarsen at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 04:58:17 CET 2001

I'm having troubles compiling mplayer since November 13, around
18:20 or so.  It seems mplayer.c is including linux/rtc.h which
only exists in linux kernel 2.4.x.  I can reverse to the revision
of mplayer.c that compiles on my 2.2.19 kernel, but I don't know if
that makes mplayer.c compatible with the rest of the updates that
are done to the cvs source.  Another thing I tried was commenting
out the two sections that contain the #ifdef TARGET_LINUX and that
seems to work.  Is there a better way of doing this in the source?
Like detecting the kernel version or something similar?