[MPlayer-users] Mencoder: Which filename is missing

Lee Harris harris.lee at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 20 13:00:55 CET 2001

Hi

I've Installed Mplayer and mencoder. I have the divx4 and lame codecs
installed. When I try to run mencoder in a directory with pre decrypted vobs
with this command

cat *.vob | mencoder  -ovc divx4 -oac mp3lame -divx4opts br=999 -o
mencoder.avi -pass 1

I get this error.

Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: 21 audio & 58 video codecs

Missing filename!

Would anyone have an Idea which filename I could be missing ?
Should I remove all the references to codecs I won't use in codecs.conf ?

If any replies could be cc'd to harris.lee at ntlworld.com that would be helpful

Regards
Lee