[MPlayer-users] dvd/libmpeg2 video breaking up

pl p_l at tfz.net
Wed Nov 21 07:10:04 CET 2001

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 12:23:12AM +0100, Sven Hartge wrote:
> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html &
>  http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html if you still have questions or problems]
>
> Um 18:13 Uhr am 20.11.01 schrieb Chris:
>
> > I am new to the list and have a problem with my dvd playback.  when I
> > use the command "mplayer -dvd 1", the video output is
> > random/blocky/distorted to the point of unwatchability.  It still
> > corresponds with the dvd, as I can make it out to be the movie on the
> > dvd.  As the movie is playing, it continuously outputs "@@@ libmpeg2
> > returned from sig11... (bad file?) @@@" to the console.  I have tried
> > with many different dvds and was wondering if maybe mplayer cannot yet
> > support interlaced video?  Any comments or pointing out of something
> > obvious that is wrong to my stupid self would be helpful.
>
> You miss CSS-Support.
>
> I recommend to get the libdvdcss from the VLC-Project and recompile
> libdvdread against this one.

You should get the ones on ogle's site (libdvdread and libdvdcss).
Not libdvdcss 1.0.0 from videolan's site.

Maybe check the dynamic libs, knowing that libdvdread tries & load a
libdvdcss.so.0 and not a libdvdcss.so.1.

Or edit libdvdread sources grepping for libdvdcss.so.0.

Just my $0.02.

> S!

Best regards,
  pl