[MPlayer-users] dvd/libmpeg2 video breaking up

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Wed Nov 21 10:46:42 CET 2001

Um 03:58 Uhr am 21.11.01 schrieb Arpi:

> sorry, i have no encrypted discs, so i can't do anything with that.
> btw someone told me that latest (1.x) version of libdvdcss/libdvdread is
> broken (with mplayer?) but older versions (0.9x) works well.

Problem is: libdvdcss has bumped its Version (its called soname, right?)
from 0 to 1, but libdvdread expects libdvdcss.so.0 to dlopen, so it
failes.

Just symlinking libdvdcss.so.1 to libdvdcss.so.0 failes, because the
interface has changed.

This bites ogle as well as mplayer or any other project using those two
libraries.

Until the Ogle team updates their libdvdread, one should stick with the
old libdvdcss.so.0 (version 0.0.3)

S!