[MPlayer-users] I've got window-manager related patches - Some Questions

D J Hawkey Jr hawkeyd at visi.com
Wed Nov 21 17:58:58 CET 2001

Hello All.

So, the docs say patches won't be accepted unless they against current
CVS. This isn't unreasonable, except that it's always changing. So my
question is:

How "current CVS" do you mean?

I'm working against 20011118 (three days old). If I download the "current"
tarball, say, tomorrow (the 22nd), apply my patches to that, and post them
that day, is that "current CVS" enough? What if I can't post them until
the 23rd? Are they then tossed into the bit-bucket as "too old"?

Seems a set of patches that can't all be done in one day will never be
accepted; that's quite a burden for someone who wants to contribute.

---

As an aside, is the GTK menu supposed to be available only when the app
is not built with GUI support? I have both the GUI and GTK menus, though
only the latter does anything.

I don't know much about decoders and such, but I know about X, particularly
where apps interact with WMs (I maintain an X window manager). The GUI is
an area I can contribute to, and it looks like it can use some work.

Comments?
Dave

--