[MPlayer-users] dvd/libmpeg2 video breaking up

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 21 18:28:05 CET 2001

On Wednesday, 21. November 2001 17:33, you wrote:
> > helping out.  Also, is it normal for it to use like 60% cpu when play?
> > (its a pIII-600) ?  Thanks again.
>
> RTFM video.html
>
> it's 20% on my 1ghz celeron2, but video stuff tuned to maximum (mga_vid)
It's 37% here on PIII 850 with -vo vesa without software scaling, this
includes dvd decoding and video display, for ac3 decoding add another 3% so
you add up with overall 40% load to decode dvd here. With a decent XVideo or
other Overlay driver you'd get this down by another 10% or so I guess as it
requires no YUV->RGB and less video bandwidth.
--
Best Regards,
	Atmos