[MPlayer-users] Strange behaviour of mplayer

Jacek Popławski jpopl at interia.pl
Sun Nov 25 06:46:47 CET 2001

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 06:24:52AM +0100, Marcin Glogowski wrote:
> When I've selected the xv vo the x-free86 server is crashing,

you need recent XFree86, probably 4.1.0 is OK, but I am using CVS, old XFree86
doesn't work well with Voodoo3 (Xv problems)

> when I've selected sdl, or dga the server is crashing too,

don't know why

> when I've selected tdfxfb mplayer displayng such message: FATAL: Cannot
> initialize video driver!

tdfxfb is for _framebuffer_, you shouldn't run it from X, you need to enable
tdfx framebuffer in your kernel setup

> I think there can be a problem with my kernel, because when I downloaded
> compilled package the behaviour of mplayer was the same.

what kernel and what version of XFree86 you have?

--
She never breaks into the conversation  He seems to be the reason why she lives
She tries to be the perfect kind of stranger