[MPlayer-users] QT/MOV PhotoJpeg

Thomas Kumlehn thomaskumlehn at yahoo.de
Mon Nov 26 18:26:22 CET 2001

Hi folks,

I'm new to mplayer and wonder, why support for QT/MOV
is mentioned in the DOCS and the website, but
demux_mov is hardcoded to not load any .mov Quicktime
file at all.

I know about the lack of support from Apple and the
limitations of quicktime4linux, but would like to know
more about the state of all this in mplayer.

We often create QT jpegs with these details to play
them on our SGI IRIX O2 boxes that provide hardware
JPEG decoding.  But most of future boxes will run
Linux and xanim plays them.

-------------------------------
File Name: s_v232_9.mov
File Format: QuickTime movie

             PLAYING_TIME: 00:00:24.033
                  BITRATE: 2.383 Mbps
                LOOP_MODE: Play Once
               LOOP_LIMIT: 0
                OPTIMIZED: 0

Video Track:
             TRACK_LENGTH: 721
            DM_IMAGE_RATE: 30.000Hz
     DM_IMAGE_INTERLACING: Non-interlaced
          DM_IMAGE_LAYOUT: Full frame
     DM_IMAGE_ORIENTATION: Top-to-bottom
           DM_IMAGE_WIDTH: 512
          DM_IMAGE_HEIGHT: 384
     DM_IMAGE_COMPRESSION: JPEG
 DM_IMAGE_QUALITY_SPATIAL: 0.500000
DM_IMAGE_QUALITY_TEMPORAL: 0.750000
    DM_IMAGE_PIXEL_ASPECT: 1.0000 (square)
         DM_IMAGE_PACKING: YCbCr 4:2:2
--------

Okay, I also would like to use DivX as inhouse
standard, but then we need a properly running
converter. mencode would probably work fine, but again
we'll have the QT/MOV loading problem ;-)

Any hints or comments welcome.

=====
kind regards,

Thomas Kumlehn