[MPlayer-users] asf replay stops

Marc Weber marc at 7hell.net
Mon Nov 26 19:16:16 CET 2001

Hi everybody,

did anyone except me experience this strange behaviour too:
after some time of playback of an asf, mplayer suddenly
stops. It doesn't crash or something, it just stops with
'vo: uninit!' and that's it. This occurs in every asf I
tried so far at about 1160 seconds. DivX, mpeg, avi
plays just fine. The verbose output tells me just that
mplayer reached the end of the movie... the asfs are
definetely *not* broken or anything, they even play
on Mickeysoft in MediaPlayer.

First I thought it was hardware (AMD K6 233 :-/ ) or OS,
which is FreeBSD 4.3... I know the AMD is not really
up to the task (or up-to-date or up-to-anything ;-), but
why is it only with asf-files?

Can anyone confirm this kind of problem, or am I just to
stupid to compile a piece of software, or what?

I'd like to get some more information about that before
I threaten the guys at mplayerhq (btw, *great* piece
of software!!) with a bugreport... in case it's really
just my shitty hardware.

cu,

Marc