[MPlayer-users] Re: Synchronization problems

Fred Hernandez fredh at seas.upenn.edu
Tue Nov 27 16:59:39 CET 2001

I've actually been running into these problems too, so now I'm glad it's
not just me. I think this may be a real bug in mplayer, in how it
handles avi files and audio delay.

The problem happens  when I use a movies that I have ripped using
Virtualdub in Windows. For a/v sync, I give them a delay that's
approximately 1-2 secs., or about the time it takes to skip over the
studio logo and initial, "audio-less" crud in the movie.

When I use mplayer however, this audio delay doesn't work. I've tested
it using a video clip with an audio delay of several seconds, and the
delay comes out in windows, but it doesn't come out in mplayer.

Has anyone else had these problems too, and does anyone else believe
this is the reason? I can send in a sample clip if someone is
interested. Just let me know where to send it to.

Fred Hernandez.