[MPlayer-users] Synchronization problems

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Nov 27 17:44:38 CET 2001

Hi,

> I just tried 4 different .avi-files with the mplayer. In three of the four
> cases, there were big synchronization problems (sometimes delay for several
> seconds). I've already tried it starting mplayer with the option "-bps",
> "-nobps" but nothing helped. I would be interested not only in a solution of this
> problem but also in an explanation of it because I simply cannot understand
> why this problem can appear at all (sound and video - it's one file altogether,
> not two different tapes...)

audio driver bug/problem...

Gabucino: please! please! add it to the faq, it's very boring to answer such
questions 10 times per day...

most of strange slowdowns and desync problems came from buggy oss driver.
suggest them to try with -nosound, if it's ok then, then it's audio driver
bug. then they can try -ao sdl or alsa 0.9+oss emu or alsa 0.5/0.9+alsa drv.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu