[MPlayer-users] suggestions on configure messages

Nilmoni Deb ndeb at ece.cmu.edu
Wed Nov 28 02:11:27 CET 2001

When I run configure script (of current cvs) like this:

./configure --with-sdl-config=/home/ndeb/opt/sdl/bin/sdl-config
--with-win32libdir=/home/ndeb/opt/win32lib/

I get these messages:

Checking for SDL ... yes (with /home/ndeb/opt/sdl/bin/sdl-config)
Checking for Win32 DLL support ... yes

Config files successfully generated by ./configure !

  Install prefix: /home/ndeb/opt/mplayer/
  Data directory: /home/ndeb/opt/mplayer//share/mplayer

'config.h' and 'config.mak' contain your configuration options.
Note: if you alter theses files (for instance CFLAGS) MPlayer may no
longer

Please check mtrr settings at /proc/mtrr (see DOCS/video.html#2.2.1.1)

Ok, found Win32 codecs directory at /home/ndeb/opt/win32lib/.

As is seen, the location of sdl-config is displayed  where its detected
which is really nice. But the location of win32 dll's is displayed
much later. I suggest something like this for consistency:

Checking for Win32 DLL support ... yes (with DLL's in /home/ndeb/opt/win32lib/)

Also, it will be nice if "mplayer --help" includes the "-vfw" option.

thanks in advance
- Nil