[MPlayer-users] DVD audio problem

Christophe Voisin christophe.voisin at lpmc.ens.fr
Thu Nov 29 09:49:04 CET 2001

Le Mercredi 28 Novembre 2001 19:39, vous avez écrit :
> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html &
>  http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html if you still have questions or problems]
>
> Hi,
>
> compile mplayer with libdvdread support (RTFM) and use the -dvd option for
> direct playback, instead of playing the .vob files.
>
> > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html
> > & http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html if you still have questions or
> > problems]
> >

> > When playing a dvd, the sound works with the first VOB then stop when
> > starting the second VOB:
> >
> > DEMUXER: Too many (4096 in 8264651 bytes) video packets in the buffer!
> > (maybe you play a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed)
> >
> > I tried several runtime options without success.
> > Any idea what could be the problem?

Hello

I also had this problem even with the -dvd option after installing libdvdread.
However, I read in the docs (more exactly in the mailing list archive) that
this could come from a problem of audio buffer size. As adviced, I increased
the packets and size limits (in demuxer.h) (by a factor of ten !) and now the
sound works.
However, the system is really slow (even with -framedrop) and sound and
images are totaly unsynchronised. (although it almost works with avi files
(divx4))
I use SDL 2.1 as video driver but the same results are obtain with dga or
svga. So the question is: with my 450 MHz AMD K6/III and 192 Mo of memory, am
I supposed to get better results ? What video driver should I install ?

Thanks.

Christophe.