[MPlayer-users] mencoder no audio encoding

Steve Stavropoulos steve at math.upatras.gr
Thu Nov 29 13:42:48 CET 2001

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Arpi wrote:

> > head_check failed A-V: -2.654 oAV: -2.608 diff: -0.000 ct: -0.046 vpc:
> > -0.046
>
> it's either bad audio track (DTS or whatever not supported format) or
> bad libmp3lame (compiled wiht gcc 2.96 or dunno)

 libmp3lame happened to be compiled with gcc 2.96-99, but I didn't know
it. All my programms are compiled with gcc3, but I had some problems with
libmp3lame and was trying several things, so it was left miscompiled by
gcc 2.96. I compiled it now with gcc3 and tried mencoder again. IT WORKED!
 Thank you and sorry for the false report. I 'm going to spank my gcc 2.96
now...

> can you play this dvd with mplayer? i mean mplayer -aid 128 ...
> i bet it's a DTS track or something weird...

 I can play it with mplayer, and now I can encode it with mencoder. thank
you.