[MPlayer-users] current cvs: incomplete configure message about video drThu Nov 29 22:08:26 2001

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Nov 29 21:10:46 CET 2001

Hi,

> On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 09:09:34AM +0100, Tibcu wrote:
> [...]
> > and what about libffmpeg.so?
> [...]
>
> I remember reading that this library causes sometimes problems with ac3
> (not sure) but I don't know whether it's fixed.

libffmpeg.so _includes_ libac3 and mplayer includes different version of
libac3 and they use the same function and variable names so they simply
conflict and calls eachother's incompatible stuff... resulting sig11.
i told it to Nick when he commited libffmpeg.so support but he answered
there are no problems. it seems there are...

so, either
- forget libffmpeg.so in mplayer
- remove libac3 from libffmpeg.so
- rename all functions and variables in libac3 :(((((
  (but we'll change to liba52 so conflicts come back then)

> Prefer static linking by importing libavcodec dir from ffmpeg's CVS,
agree

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu