[Mplayer-users] Re: split files

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Tue Oct 2 09:03:36 CEST 2001

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 03:22:56PM +0200, Felix Buenemann wrote:

> Of course it doesn't help you if big chunks are missing, but it can even
> repair multiple crcs inside an rar archive.

Multiple single bit errors? Have you ever seen that happen? I think
a common problem on Usenet is one missing line of the uuencoded stuff,
which is 45 bytes.

> Btw. I don't know a SFV tool that can tell which position of a file is
> broken, as crc is generated only for the whole file.

I don't know either. But if you have a CD image in 200+ pieces as
sometimes happens, SFV tells you which part is bad while RAR can only
tell whether the image inside the RAR is bad or not.

BTW, any chance of having Reply-To: set to the list?