[Mplayer-users] DVD support

Chris Heywood psych at primus.com.au
Thu Oct 4 13:55:38 CEST 2001

ok, here it is.

distribution: debian sid
kernel: (Linux lukin 2.4.10 #1 Mon Sep 24 13:49:17 EST 2001 i686
unknown)
libc version: 2.2.4
X version: 4.1.0
gcc: 2.95.4 (debian prerelease)
ld: 2.11.90.0.31 (with BFD 2.11.90.0.31)
binutils: GNU assembler 2.11.90.0.31

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 4
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 1100.044
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 2195.45

video: ASUS V7700 Deluxe (NVidia 1.0 1541 drivers)
sound: SB Live!  OSS drivers from kernel 2.4.10

and like I said, the problem is that it isn't reading encrypted DVD's.
but it does seem to pickup DeCSS and dvd read in configure.

let me know if anything else (info) is necessary.

this is a log of mplayer playing on a dvd which I think first has some
non encrypted stuff (I'm not sure, it plays though - intro stuff) and
then stops.

http://yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au/~cheywood/output

I don't have any other DVDs to test with at the moment.  (and won't have
anything to test with for at least a few days after sending this)

thanks in advance,
chris